Today I'm officially launching The Oracle 🎉 The Oracle is a new feature on herebetaverns.com that lets you generate your own original artwork using simple text prompts.
You can try it right now at herebetaverns.com/oracle
How it works
Using The Oracle is simple:
- Type in a prompt and choose an art style. Try experimenting with crazy ideas!
- The Oracle will generate your original image using some AI magic.
- Save your favorites to your art collection or redraw them. Note that every single generated image is kept for you. Pressing 'Save' just makes it easier to find (like using a bookmark).
You will need to log in (or sign up if you haven't yet) to use the feature. You should get 10 free credits to try it out.
If you decide it's for you, all of the credit packs are on sale to celebrate the launch.
How it's different
My goal with Here Be Taverns has always been to inspire Game Masters with generated content so that they can build fantastic worlds. The Oracle leverages new generative AI technology to increase the well of inspiration drastically.
You've likely already noticed the surge of interest in AI art generators. Here's what sets the Oracle apart:
- I've combined the text prompt system with the existing generators. Not only does this make it way easier to think up cool prompts, I personally find it way more fun. The combinatorial explosion of generators is wild!
- You change the style by tapping an art card. This makes The Oracle more constrained than other generators. But it also makes the results more consistently good, meaning you have to think and type a lot less to see ideas.
- It's a pay-as-you-go credit system. Other apps push people towards a monthly subscription. With The Oracle, you can just buy and spend the credits you want, whenever you want. Here Be Taverns remains free of monthly subscriptions. You'll get 10 free credits to try it first.
I want to give a huge thanks to all of you who tried the closed beta and sent in feedback. Together we burned through more than 4000 credits during closed testing 😂
Based on your input, I've already:
- Squashed some bugs
- Added 2 new art styles: OSR and Spacejam
- Increased the image resolution
- Browsed through thousands of crazy cool images you made. The space hamsters were my personal favorite.
This is still a Beta feature which means things could still change or break. If you have any feedback, questions, or problems don't hesitate to respond to this email and let me know.
Thank you so much for checking it out and sharing it with friends!